Wednesday Night Activities
Dinner: Breakfast at 5:45 p.m.
Awana & Youth start at 6:30 p.m.
Prayer & Bible Study at 7:00 p.m.
Elders’ Prayer Meeting
It has always been the practice of the pastors to pray for specific needs they are aware of for each member of the church, however, with the installation of Steve Posner as an elder and the institution of monthly elders’ meetings, we will be utilizing new methods to ensure that we are efficiently and sufficiently meeting members’ needs through prayer. Toward the beginning of each month, we will be sending out an email to those specific members we will be praying for that month. This email will inform the members that we will be praying for them and ask them to respond with any specific prayer requests they may have and how we may be able to serve them and their family. These requests will only be for the purpose of prayer by the elders and will not be published or shared in any other venue unless specifically requested. This will begin in August, so if you receive an email, please respond by the date stated in the email. If you do not receive an email in August, please know you will be receiving one in a subsequent month. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Bob, Tim, or Steve.
- The ladies’ Joy Class meets every Tuesday morning at 9:00 a.m. They are helping Pat Beatty with the blankets for A Touch of Hope, and they are making dolls for Appalachian children. You can also bring your own craft projects, or just come for fellowship!
- We need more ushers, morning and evening! Men, if you are looking for an easy, yet vital area for ministry, this is it! Talk to Michael Walker.
- Come join the Adult Choir for either Sunday morning singing, the Christmas Cantata, or both! Practice for Sundays is on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 p.m. Christmas Cantata practice begins at 4:45 p.m.
Do you want us to invite anyone to our 50th Homecoming?
Send names and addresses to email@example.com asap!
Also, let her know if she needs to make any changes to your directory entry.
Youth & Family Series
Tim Wade’s next installment of this series is Saturday, October 20, from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Dinner and a bonfire are included. The topic this time is “The Body Issue”.
Youth and their parents are especially encouraged to come, but everyone is invited.
Our next regular Quarterly Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 21, at 5:00 p.m.
Pascal Grenade will be here and sharing in the morning of October 28.
Sacred Harp Shape Note Singing
The Savannah Sacred Harp Singers will have their monthly singing in the piano side
overflow room on Saturday, November 10, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Come and give it a go! Loaner books are available.
See Dawn in the office if you have questions.
A Touch of Hope
Pat Beatty will be working on the blankets for local displaced school children in the Fellowship Hall on
Thursday, November 15, from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Life Line Health Screenings at FABC in October
Ferguson Avenue Baptist Church is pleased to offer a preventive health event. Life Line Screening, a leading provider of community-based preventive health screenings, will host their affordable, non-invasive and painless health screenings on Thursday, October 25.
Five screenings will be offered that scan for potential health problems related to:
- blocked arteries which is a leading cause of stroke;
- abdominal aortic aneurysms which can lead to a ruptured aorta;
- hardening of the arteries in the legs which is a strong predictor of heart disease;
- atrial fibrillation or irregular heart beat which is closely tied to stroke risk; and a
- bone density screening, for men and women, used to assess the risk of osteoporosis.
Register for a Wellness Package which includes 4 vascular tests and osteoporosis screening from $149 ($139 with our member discount). All five screenings take 60-90 minutes to complete. There are three ways to register for this event and to receive a $10 discount off any package priced above $129, please call 1-888-653-6441 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com/communitycircle or text the word circle to 797979.
Dawn has flyers in her office that contain more details. Also, the Thursday morning Bible study will meet that day in a different location here at the church, which will be determined.
If you have a church related event you would like put on any printed calendar, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.